Private Birthing From Within Childbirth Class
What do you need to know?
As a birthing mother, what do you need to know to give birth with confidence and empowerment? As a partner, what do you need to know to feel confident about your ability to support your partner? Perhaps you don't even know what you need to know.
My prenatal classes don’t just give you information to help you prepare for the birth of your baby but also help you connect with your heart, mind and body, encouraging a strong family bond. You will gain the tools to feel confident and prepared to greet your baby and start your new life as a family.
My classes are great for couples birthing at home, hospital or birth center and for first time parents or those who are birthing again.
Where is the class?
I offer classes in the comfort of your own home or if you are not in my area, I am happy to Skype with you.
What's in a private class?
Private classes are a great option for couples who prefer a more personal learning environment, whose schedule needs more flexibility or who have taken another class and feel there is more you need to know. We meet for three hours in the comfort of your own home. The information will be personally tailored to your needs. Here is a list of what I can cover in class, choose what speaks to you:
- First Signs of labor and when to go to the hospital
- Birth culture – how to deal with opinions, unwanted advice and expectations
- First signs of labor and when to go to the hospital
- Stages of labor
- Optimal Fetal Positioning – posterior labor
- Comfort measures – massage, TENS, rebozo, birth balls, water, reflexology
- Physical labor support - labor positions
- Pain coping practice
- Pain medication options
- Connecting with baby
- Coping with unexpected events
- Reducing fear and anxiety
- Getting medical information and making decisions – building strong relationships with your care team
- Cesarean birth – staying connected in the OR
- Early postpartum
- Breastfeeding 101
- The first week after birth – physiology and emotional preparation
When to take the class
Class should be taken on your second or third trimester with a due date at least 2 weeks after the class ends.
If you have time to read the fabulous new Birthing From Within book - Ancient Map for Modern Birth by Pam England - prior to starting class that would be helpful but not essential. I would be happy to lend you a copy, just let me know.