Reflexology for Labor and Birth
Reflexology is a fantastic tool to have in my toolbox to help you through your labor and birth.
Ideally you would have received prenatal reflexology sessions prior to the onset of labor to help prepare you physically and mentally for labor and birth.
When you are in early labor and I first arrive at your home as your birth doula, I will do a mini session to calm you and address any issues. Reflexology can be done on hands or feet.
I can also use reflexology throughout your labor and birth when necessary to:
- Regulate contractions (stimulating or sedating)
- Reduce pain
- Help urination
- Encourage bowel movements
- Alleviate back pain
- Calm breathing, reducing hyperventilation
- Regulate body temperature
- Reduce anxiety
- Add pleasure to the hard moments
- Release a retained placenta.
I enjoy working with clients throughout their pregnancies. If time allows I like to give a short reflexology session at the end of each prenatal appointment for my birth doula clients.